Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Viking head sculpt for prop


This is my first sculpture ever (other than a ceramics class in JC), I took a class a couple months ago with Jordu Schell. The workshop was five days long, the first days were demo by Jordu, then we each got a bag of WED clay and went at it. We then took a plaster mold of our sculptures and cast them in latex. The end result was a latex mask which we could paint. I intend to make a 7'6" frame out if PVC to put the head on and make a brute-viking bouncer to put by my door next Halloween. I would like to experiment with hair punching for a beard and the head, and I have parts of a viking costume from a couple years ago with an actual metal helmet (will post pics)... I'm sure our friends and their kids will get a kick out of it..... Now all I need is some spare time!.

No comments:

Post a Comment